Staten Island Mold Inspection | Staten Island Mold Testing
MI&T is the place to call if you live in or around New York and suspect that you have a mold problem. Or if you want to confirm/deny the presence of a problem through mold testing Staten Island.
We are proud to be certified by the BBB and has worked hard to build a reputation as a reliable, efficient, and affordable mold inspection company in State Island.
In recent years, we’ve learned that the air we breathe can contain mold spores which, in turn, can lead to health problems, for some people. Mold is a common substance and so testing the air in our homes and working spaces for its presence can become more commonplace as well.
Where does mold usually grow?
Most of think of the mold as that substance we’ve seen on a piece of fruit that has been left to languish in a fruit bowl for too long, or on a sliver of Swiss cheese that has seen better days. Mold in your home can appear as a large, dark stain on a ceiling or as a black surface on a piece of wood. If you neglect to control the moisture level in your bathroom, it is likely that spots of mold will start to spring up in the shower or on the walls and ceiling.
Dry, well-ventilated spaces are unlikely to attract mold. Moist spaces with poor circulation are very popular with mold spores. They like to settle in and take over such spaces.
How do I know if I have a mold problem?
- Perhaps you’ve decided to install a new carpet in your family room only to discover a far-reaching web of mold on the floor beneath it. Or you may’ve noticed that a stretch of baseboard is turning black on its edges. Visible mold is easy to identify, though its type and the extent of its invasion is less so.
- Do you smell something? If your family members are asking this question of each other often, you may have some mold flourishing in an unseen space. If there is mold on the wood within your walls, for example, you may be able to smell its presence but not see it.
- It may be that you have never smelled an odd and unidentifiable smell in your home or work space. However, you or a loved one might be experiencing symptoms like unexplained headaches, irritated eyes, noses or throats or difficulty breathing. If this is so, and your family doctor is unable to identify a cause, you may be breathing air with an unacceptable level of mold spores.
Call 917-300-1218 when…
- You see mold in your home. While it is normal to see a small amount of mold around a bathtub faucet that hasn’t been cleaned as often as it needs to be, it is problematic if you see patches of mold on ceiling tiles or creeping along a baseboard.
- You smell something that should not be. It may remind you of opening an old trunk that has been locked up for a long time. Or of your compost bin on a sunny morning.
- You find yourself coughing frequently or rubbing your eyes because they feel irritated. You may begin to experience unexplained headaches or even occasionally find it difficult to breath. If you have these symptoms but no medical explanation for them, it may be that mold spores have infected your air supply.
- You want to officially verify what you believe to be a lack of a mold problem in your living or working space.
- You want to sell your home, cottage, or other property and want to have your property certified as containing no mold problem.
- You want to buy a building, be it a home or a cottage or another building, and you want to know if it has a mold issue.
- You have, or are about to have, young children. It is known that young children are much more susceptible to mold spores in our air then are adults.
What service do we provide, exactly?
- We will visit your home, cottage, or work space and complete a visual inspection of the space.
- We will take two separate samples of air from the environment being tested. We have special equipment that allows us to do this.
- We will take a sample of any physical mold that we locate in the environment.
- We will send the samples we take to a certified and independent laboratory, where they will be clearly identified.
- We will present you with a detailed report indicating the nature of any mold problem discovered in your home or workplace.
- We will put together a recommended protocol that is specifically suited to the type and amount of mold found in your living or working space.
We are at the other end of your telephone should you have any questions. Please call 917-300-1218 at with any questions or to schedule a Staten Island Mold Inspection.
Last updated: November 24, 2014 at 21:09 pm