Experiencing Mold Sickness can be an unpleasant experience.
Not only because of the symptoms that you could have but also for the doubt of others that you may encounter. Experiencing negative health effects due to mold exposure is very similar to allergies. You can have two people living in the exact same environment and only one person could be suffering. Quite simply, some people are more sensitive to mold than others.
The downfall of this is that many people need to see something for themselves in order to believe it. We often have clients whose realtors, landlords, bosses, or even significant others that don’t believe it is possible their indoor air quality problem could be causing health problems.
Certain species of mold produces mycotoxins, which we know can be harmful to one’s health. This is a relatively new topic in terms of study, but research continues to support the idea that being exposed to an environment with high levels of mycotoxins is very dangerous. Not only can you experience acute symptoms like cough, breathing troubles, dry mouth, runny nose, irritated skin/eyes, but many claim even more serious long term conditions developing from this type of exposure. Things like environmentally onset asthma, C.O.P.D., chronic fatigue, memory loss, lesions on the brain, cancer and even death are claimed by some experts in the field.
How serious mold exposure in terms of causing sickness is still up for debate. Our personal experience supports the idea that it is unhealthy to be in an environment with elevated mold spores for an extended period of time. We’ve seen the issues that it has caused with our clients and have felt acute symptoms from being in an area for a short period of time. We suggest you exercise caution and address any possible mold issues immediately. Whether you are the one experiencing them or have someone around you that you are responsible for that is having issues; take action.
If you need help determining if mold is causing the health complications you are experiencing, give us a call at 855-600-6653. If we find out you do have elevated levels of mold, we will provide you with a detailed report containing a step by step protocol to remove the problems and return your home back to normal.
Last updated: October 11, 2015 at 19:54 pm