• 855-600-6653
Mold Inspection and Testing

Mold in House

Do you have mold in your house? YES!

Mold in House

Truth is, everybody has mold in their house. In fact, mold spores are in the air all around us everywhere we go. However, certain dangerous species of mold that produce mycotoxins can grow when problems inside a home exist.

As stated earlier, it is perfectly normal to have mold in your home. Non-toxic mold species like cladosproeum and basidiospores grow outside naturally. The air outside should be very similar levels that you would see inside. The indoor air quality inside your home should mimic that of a wide open, well lit field. Consistent air flow, good ventilation, and lots of lighting will help your home create the best environment.

Some common growth that you might see within your residence could include some of the following. Spotty growth on tile in kitchen and/or bathroom. A/C vents and window ledges can also get this same type of growth. This is normal non-toxic cladosporeum that can be cleaned by yourself. These types of mold should not be of concern to you or your family as they do not produce mycotoxins.

Moldy House

When conditions that promote serious mold growth exist within a home, it can grow very fast and produce species of mold that do need to be dealt with by a professional. If you have had any sort of water intrusion, excess humidity, or condensation throughout a residence, mold could be lurking around the corner. The above conditions can start the growth, but if it is not handled and dried quickly it will only continue to worsen.

If you think that toxic mold may be invading your residence, we highly suggest getting a third party inspection done in order to assess your air quality. An unbiased assessment like that offered by MI&T will let you know whether or not the mold in your house needs professional attention or can be handled by yourself at little or no cost. If you have any questions or would like to speak with an expert please call 855-600-6653 or send us an email.