Yonkers Mold Inspection | Yonkers Mold Testing
If you are a resident of New York and own a home or business that you’d like to have mold testing Yonkers you should know about MI&T. We have built a a BBB accredited business on detecting and identifying mold in various spaces, including homes, cottages, and places of businesses.
We can settle this key question for you: Is there a mold problem present in my building? These issues could bring ill health affects and destroy porous materials like those found in carpets, dry wall, and ceiling tiles? You can rely on our Yonkers mold inspection results.
We know what mold looks like. Remember that summer when you went on vacation and left some yogurt in your refrigerator? Those greenish and black spots that sprouted on the surface of that yogurt? That was mold. The kind of mold that is easily dealt with…you throw out the food.
Mold likes moisture. If you have had a small flood in your basement, or have had a pipe burst, mold will develop – if the area is not properly cleaned and dried thoroughly.
Kitchens, bathrooms, attics and basement rooms are likely places for mold to develop. Keeping these areas dry is the best strategy for stopping mold in its tracks. It is important to be aware of your environment; make sure to get that ladder down and head up to your attic every month. If you have a storage closet in your basement, be sure to open it now and then and have a look. Ventilation is a key factor.
Any space that is not well-ventilated and is surrounded with moisture is a petri-dish of sorts for growth.
Where are the signs that mold may have settled in?
- If you can see mold, you know that there may also be unseen mold in your home or business space. It may appear as a darkening of a ceiling tile or in a fuzzy growth on a concrete basement wall. You may see patches of mold when you lift a carpet you are about to replace.
- You may not see mold but may be able to smell it. The smell of mold is often characterized as musty or similar to the smell we associate with wet, rotting cardboard, or a houseplant that has been neglected for far too long.
- It is possible that you cannot smell or see mold but be affected by its presence. Some people are more sensitive to the presence of mold than others. Those sensitive to mold may experience headaches, stinging or itchy eyes, irritation in the throat and a change in how they breathe. In some cases, asthma attacks may result from living or working in a space where considerable amounts of mold is present.
When do people call us?
- When they have found visible mold in their home or business place.
- When they detect a recurring musty or unidentifiable, and unwelcome, smell in their living or working space.
- When they are suffering from the symptoms noted above – headaches, irritation around the eyes and throat, and difficulty breathing.
- When they have not seen or smelt mold but would like to know that they are living or working in a mold-free zone.
- When they want to ensure that the home or property they are about to sell is mold-free. Not only does this provide potential buyers with peace of mind, but it establishes that any future mold problem was not present at the time of the sale.
- When they want to ensure that a property that they are about to buy does not have an existing mold problem.
- When they are about to have a child. Young children are quite susceptible to potential ill health effects from the presence of mold in a living space.
What do we do, exactly?
- We come to your home or your workspace at a time which is convenient for you.
- We bring two special traps that we use to take samples of the air that you are breathing in your home or your workspace.
- We take physical samples of any visible mold that we located during our inspection.
- We send the collected samples to an established and independent laboratory where they are carefully tested. The lab technicians are able to identify the specific kind of mold that is present in your building, this is important as there are different methods for removing different kinds of mold.
- We provide you with a detailed report, stating if mold has been found to be present, and if it has, what kind it is.
- We also provide you with a recommended protocol for removing the mold from where it lies in your home or workplace.
Call MI&T at 917-300-1218 if you own a property that you want to have a Yonkers mold inspection done on.
Last updated: August 21, 2013 at 2:04 am