Are you a proud citizen of Queens? Have you noticed dark spots forming on the concrete wall in your dark room in the basement? Or perhaps on the ceiling tile in your family room, kitchen, or bedrooms. If so, you will want to read about MI&T. Why? Well, you just might have an indoor air quality problem and need a Queens Mold Inspection.
Who are we?
Mold Inspection & Testing is an established, BBB accredited mold assessment company, serving all neighborhoods in the Queens area. We have trained technicians who have the expertise and tools to assess whether your home or business has mold. If you do have a mold problem, we can identify it with skill and efficiency.
How do I know if I might have a mold problem?
- Some mold is visible. You may see dark spots beginning to appear on a ceiling tile. You may be removing a carpet and notice dark patches on the floor that lay beneath it. You may see dark spots appearing in your bathroom, lingering around baseboards or in the cupboard that sits under your sink.
- You may not be able to see and signs of mold, but you may be able to smell it. Mold sometimes has a musty smell; it might even smell like something is rotting, like some cardboard. If you smell something that you cannot identify but that recurs, you may be smelling mold that you cannot see.
- You may experience physical symptoms that sometimes occur when you live or work in a space where mold is growing; these can include burning eyes, slight difficultly in breathing, and an irritated throat.
Is a mold problem dangerous or just unsightly?
- When you are living or working in a space that has a mold problem, you may suffer from an allergic reaction, or you may experience some difficulty breathing, irritation in your throat and eyes or become more vulnerable to an asthma attack. That said, there are many different kinds of mold; some pose no health problems while others can be unhealthy to be around.
- Mold can pose a threat to your home itself; it can destroy porous material if it is given the opportunity to do so. Ceiling tile, carpets, dry wall, and soft wood may have to be removed if your mold problem has been around for a long time. We recommend a swift and thorough reaction to the detection of mold in your home of place of business, so that such costs are avoided or contained.
When should I call Queens Mold Inspection & Testing?
- If you have seen mold in your home or business space, or if you’ve experienced any of the symptoms described above, you should give us a call.
- If you are about to buy a home or a cottage or a business space, you should have the space checked for the presence of mold. If mold is present, you’d be wise to make it a condition of purchase that it is removed.
- Some customers simply want to experience the peace of mind that comes with having their home or business professionally checked for mold.
- Young children are especially vulnerable to the ill health effects of mold, so new parents often have their home checked out for mold spores.
- If you own property that you rent, it is wise to endure that the space is free of mold.
- If you want the peace of mind that comes with having your living or working space certified as free of troublesome mold.
How do we evaluate a space?
- The first step is setting up a convenient time to visit your home or business. We will provide you with an unbiased evaluation of your space. If you d not have a mold problem, we will happily report this to you at the end of our process.
- When we visit your home, we will use specially designed traps to take two air samples.
- If we find visible mold in your living or work space, we will take some samples away for later testing.
What is the next step?
- After we view your home and business and take away our samples, we send them to a neutral laboratory. We do this because we are absolutely committed to an unbiased process.
- When we receive the reports from the laboratory we know if you have a mold problem or not. If you do, we will also know exactly what kind of mold is growing in your building.
- We present you with an official report, outlining how we can eliminate your mold problem, if you have one.
- We will happily answer your questions about the report or the suggested protocol.
If you live in the New York area, call MI&T at 917-300-1218 for an affordable Queens mold testing in your home or business.
Last updated: August 21, 2013 at 2:03 am